Thursday, August 16, 2007

Even Royalty Breastfeeds...

Yes, yes, I have a winner… but before we get to that, just wanted to share with you my thoughts on where I see this blog going and hopefully hear back from you with any other ideas.

I’d like to make this site:

*A Celebration of breastfeeding – sharing of photos, stories, good news.

*A Place to keep up to date on new breastfeeding products – books, pillows, nursing clothes, etc.

*A Place to find out about all things breastfeeding – mums send in their breastfeeding questions, and I’ll find an expert to answer them (or do my best too). For example, I’m currently on the hunt for information about how breastfeeding affects the shape and feel of ones breasts and whether women who are breastfeeding can still do efficient self-breast examinations. I’m currently talking to a doctor about this and hope to have a post in the next month.

If any of you have any other questions (however weird or wacky) about breastfeeding, please email them to info@breastfeedersanonymous.com and I’ll do my best to find an answer.

This list is continually evolving and I’d really like to hear from you about how I can make Breastfeeders Anonymous Online more friendly and helpful to all of you. Any ideas, please comment on this post or email me.

And while I’m on the call, I’m looking for photos and stories of people’s breastfeeding experiences to feature over the next few months. If you’d like to be a guest blogger on this site, please email me. You can tell your breastfeeding story or talk about anything breastfeeding related! If you are the creator of a breastfeeding product, I'd also love to hear from you.

Now for what you’re all waiting for…

A winner.

I have to say trawling through the sites posted for this contest was a lot of fun!! And so great to see so many high profile people breastfeeding. I've posted a couple of the pics that people sent me and I'm sure you'll agree they all make ya wanna go ''Ahhhhhh.'' I wanted to give everyone who made the effort to enter a book because you all came up with so much, but alas, I can’t afford to do that… so as promised… Hamish picked a winner from a hat…

Congratulations to Jacqui - please email me your details and I'll pop the book in the post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so excited about winning the book. I was going to buy one at your book launch....

I really enjoy reading your blogs its interesting!!!

Thanks heaps
Jacqui

OM said...

Regarding 'How breastfeeding affects the shape and feel of ones breasts and whether women who are breastfeeding can still do efficient self-breast examinations.' I look forward to reading about this as it intrigues me and I would enjoy reading a medical point of view.