Friday, August 03, 2007

Bare Breasts and proud of it!


As a romance author I’m used to hearing the occasional wisecrack about heaving bosoms. It goes with the territory of writing terrific sex scenes!

However, after the recent birth of my second child, about the only heaving bosoms for this author are my own!

Once again I’m breastfeeding, the most amazing experience in the world.

I breastfed my first child for 16 months and felt strangely bereft when I finished. Now I’m lucky enough to get another chance at it and I’m savouring every precious moment. When the little darling looks up at me while gently placing an open palm on my breast it’s a wonderful bonding time for us both.

Of course, everyone doesn’t feel the same way considering the odd looks I get when feeding out in public. And what’s even stranger, most of the strange looks come from women! Men don’t seem to blink an eye. Not that you can see much beneath a discreetly draped shawl but for some bizarre reason breastfeeding makes some people uncomfortable.

Personally, I don’t get it.

It’s the most natural thing in the world.
It benefits bub and mum for a multitude of reasons.
It’s easy and convenient.
Quite simply, breastfeeding is the best!

Now, I must run. Baby is screaming for a feed and after that, the heroine in my current novel wants to give me a severe talking-to as the hero I’ve matched her with is ever so slightly fixated on her breasts!!

Nicola

Nicola Marsh is a mother of two beautiful boys and a romance writer for Harlequin Mills & Boon; her current title is Princess Australia.
http://www.nicolamarsh.com/
http://www.nicolamarsh.blogspot.com/

Thanks Nic for taking the time to share your views on breastfeeding!! If anyone out there has a 'tainted' image of M&Bs, believing all sorts of stereotypes then I dare you to open up your horizons, and grab a copy of Nicola's latest book... guaranteed you won't be disappointed.

*** CONTEST: don't forget, you have two more days to comment on my August 2nd post and win a copy of Breastfeedes Anonymous***

No comments: